What do you think of cloning?

BubbaGump04

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clones are not genetically different from each other. They are by definition genetically identical, and replicate the original at every level of the organism. So a cloned child would be a replica of the original child and not its identical twin equivalent.

What about mitochondria? They would come from the egg that the genes are transplanted into, not from the donated cell nucleus. Unless they've come up with a way to transplant mitochondria too, but I personally haven't heard of that.

Normal reproduction should be controlled on the basis of genetic quality' date=' with seriously defective persons being permitted no children at all, average people being permitted one or two, somewhat gifted people being allowed three or four, and, for the very best, "no limit", incentives to have more babies, and cloning to insure that an especially propitious genotype does not perish from the world.[/quote']

you know, Lamarck(forgot his 1st name) had a theory of his own about the human evolution and he was dead wrong. what you're saying there sounds extremely similar to what he was saying some 200 years ago.

there is no Known correlation that links one's smartness to genes.

just because say Einstein is considered a Genius, that all his offsprings and their offsprings will also be geniuses, and that is not true.

Ms. DNA I think mitochondrial transplants are performed during IVF treatment if it's thought that the maternal mitochodria are a problem. I'm not sure, read something about it a while ago.