intelligence test

You end up with a "weak" corner, which is four flappy bits, a "medium" corner opposite it, which is two folded bits, and the remaining side has a "strong" corner at each end, which are one folded bit with two layers.

The strong corners are of course at each end of the second fold. If you cut them off the napkin in the same fashion, you could orient them so that they were identical. However in the overall topology of the intact napkin, I suppose they need to be identified differently.

It rather depends on where you consider a corner to start and end :confused:

What was your error?

they can`t be, in the way he explained, as one of the 2 will have a fold connecting them and the other will not.

4 single

2 doubles (2 fold each)

1 single (4 layers 3 folds)

2 doubles (2 layers 1 fold)

not at all, I only expanded upon what Sayo said, as it seemed you didn`t quite get what he was saying initialy :)

just had a different way of saying it is all.

and peek at what?

Species in my case :P

seriously though, can`t you picture the 2 simple folds in your head? I find that almost unbelievable if you (or anyone can`t)!

it`s simple 3D geometry, hell you can even 4D that one with ease :)

EDIT: actualy, I`m not sure this really classes as an "Inteligence test" per se when I think about it, more of a Spatial awareness test I would think.

• 2 weeks later...