Proof that the sun is the major cause of global warming

We can't be completely sure of the source, I know theres alot of credentials there but its still from a student, and not a institutional website (university etc etc) - sorry

That said I'm on the side of the fence that believes solar flares, and general natural change is the primary reason for increased warmth.

the sun is only one factor out of a multitude. the greenhouse effect does exist and carbon dioxide causes this.there has been an increase in CO2 recently so CO2 is a contributing factor. The atmosphere is a chaotic system and there are many influences that can cause it to heat up and cool down.

it seems to me that your making predictions of global warming based on data obtained from australia.

If Co2 levels were the major cause of global warming, then no rate of change in temperature between near times should exist, eg they should all increase at the same rate.

Could explain this premise? Why couldn't greenhouse gases just be absorbing more heat energy during these times, because that is when the sun it out, after all.

We can't be completely sure of the source, I know theres alot of credentials there but its still from a student, and not a institutional website (university etc etc) - sorry

It appears that its his own blog.

I forget the name of the program, but it was shown here in the UK showing theres a direct correlation in the rise of gasses and planet's heat. the problem is its not the way everyone thinks it is, the CO2 in the air increases after the temperature of the planet rises.

It appears that its his own blog.

thats the point

Far from a scientific analysis of all factors affecting temperature...and ofcourse, even further from proof.

I suggest that if you want to make claims about current status of scientific opinion, you post a thorough literature survey in your blog, complete with references. Atleast then we'd be inclined to believe your competence.

i think it's fair to concede that the sun is responsable for the majority of the warmth in the globe :rolleyes:

theres a total lack of scientific* evidence that the sun has changed in a way that could have caused recent temperature differences. plus, 1veedos graph clearly demonstraits that it was pirates.

so no, it's not the sun. sorry.

*actual scientific evidence, that's actually scientific.

Hooray, reposting your own blog, AGAIN

Know what's more trustworthy than the blog of a statistician performing statistical analysis on climate data with no scientific background in climate science?

Hundreds of climate scientists working together with climate scientists.

Your numbers are different from theirs. Why is that?

Why couldn't greenhouse gases just be absorbing more heat energy during these times, because that is when the sun it out, after all.

This is one of the points I've been harping on about.

Global warming caused by GHGs results in the troposphere warming significantly faster than the surface.

But the IPCC reports they are unable to conclude this is the case, since many measurements show the opposite effect, and none of the measurements show significantly faster warming of the troposphere.

• 2 weeks later...

Total and utter nonsense. I went to a Spatial Planning workshop meeting last week to help the Welsh Assembly Government plan for the future with regard to the environment. It included a lecture by a very clever chap from the Environment Agency who demolished the argument that the current increase in temperature is due to changes in solar activity.

It's nonsense and not supported by the science. The evidence that it's caused by man is overwhelming and supported by the vast majority of the climate scientists.

The causes of global warming are so intertwined that it is non-productive to attempt to place the blame squarely upon a cause or even several causes.

My personal belief is that humanity is largely contributory, combined with the effects of coincidental natural events which are occurring now and have happened similarly in the recent, not geological, past.

Therefore, over-population of the earth by human beings has now begun to present a factor in the eventual demise of humanity, like it or not. imp