'Scotty' boldly gone...

Royston

Please see the bbc article below...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6601221.stm

Doohan's ashes were accompanied by the remains of former US astronaut Gordon Cooper and those of 200 other people.

Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry's remains were fired into space in 1997' date=' six years after his death.[/quote']

Very fitting, but as a discussion point, given that money is no object...what would be your ultimate send off ?

Personally I'd the like the least dignified farewell as possible...but that's because I think death is taken too seriously. What that will involve, I'll have to give some thought, but anyway, what would your final farewell be ?

I like my dad's philosophy: after death, get cremated, and have your family throw you in a dumpster. One can look at it as either being undignified or having people reminded of you when they take out the trash.

I'd love to be used in the smoke trail of a stunt plane, but I'm afraid that's a little unfair to some people as I might get into their eyes. But then, I'm a PITA, so I can live with annoying some people.

The latest on this is that the return vehicle has been lost in the mountains somewhere. They're still searching for it. So now all the "beam me up" jokes are making a comeback. "Scotty stranded on planet and in need of a rescue", etc.

I don't think that's really what he wanted, is it? Some things just bear a little more forethought.