Sanctity of Marriage?

jadote

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t wish to sign up to that URL and "login" and get 10x more spam than I already do. thnx anyway, perhaps you can cut/paste it so NON of us have to do this either, it would keep the debate a little cleaner and more concise :)

5 entries found for hate.

hate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ht)

v. hat·ed, hat·ing, hates

v. tr.

To feel hostility or animosity toward.

To detest.

To feel dislike or distaste for: hates washing dishes.

v. intr.

To feel hatred.

n.

Intense animosity or dislike; hatred.

An object of detestation or hatred: My pet hate is tardiness.

did you have to login or sign up to get that? or is it a win 98 ie6 bug?

apollogies to all for being so off topic here, but this kinda thing bugs me!

btw ATM: my seeking this answer is nothing to do with your post now and hasn`t been sine post #152, it`s a computer thing now :)

Demosthenes, your comment, if I may hazard a guess, is patronizing because it implies that Fafalone's argument is based on pure emotionalism.

That really is the primary criticism aimed at your position. Not sure I would use the word patronizing, but for you to suggest that you are in a better position to judge an emotional from a logical argument (and making no comment here on the quality of the logical argument) when you have not yet demonstrated the ability to construct a logical argument on this question is a bit over the top.

Nothing personal. Frankly, from what I have seen you have been severely let down by the educational system.

What you need to do is divorce the emotionalism from your argument and look at it objectively. As a starter, it would help if you could better clarify why the question of homosexuality arouses such an emotional reaction in yourself. Simply saying that is wrong or immoral does not do that. All that does is restate your conclusion.

Nor will appeal to scripture suffice as objective argument, a caution as I do not specifically remember that you have. While it may be reason for you to hold the personal view, and you are certainly entitled to your personal view whether I agree with it or not, it does not address the question of what legal policy should be and why

Well the Nazis believed their way of life was the only correct way of life and everyone else should be denied basic freedoms, their arguments weren't based on objectivity, and believed they had the moral superiority to enforce their views on everyone else. It's an apt comparison.

I completely believe in freedom! That just might be the SINGLE MOST INSULTING THING ANYONE HAS EVER SAID TO ME. I hope Hitler is in Hell right now suffering for his beliefs and his actions, BUT I WILL NOT ASSOCIATED WITH HIM, OR HIS BELIEFS. I have lost a lot of respect for you.