Naturopathic medicine.......

andrewking

I have used supplement products that a naturopath would prescribe and I have talked with one. However, I actually used a chiropractor instead, but a naturopath should be a lot more specialized in the nutritional aspect of physical health. In my situation, I was given an array of supplements, coupled with an extremely clean diet for 30 days, in order to cleanse out a number of organs and systems within my body. The two results that I noticed most out of the process were a sense of heightened energy and mental acuity. The junk in our bodies that accumulates (like preservatives and fats) can really botch things up over time and slow down these processes that go on in our bodies. They have quite an arsenal of supplements to choose from, as there are supplement manufacturers out there that are highly specialized in this field, with supplements that target various organs with various deficiencies and lots of other disorders that are deemed fixable. I'm not sure exactly how scientifically supported all of the components in these supplements are. They range from sharks teeth to apple pectin, but it made a believer out of me. For some reason, vital enzymes just don't seem to survive the act of cooking vegetables.

I'm not sure what the standards are for education and licensing? requirements of a naturopath. They could essentially be given a simple list of IF/THEN statements from the supplement manufacturers. That's probably something you might want to inquire about. If you're looking for NASA grade protein supplements, I would venture to say that these companies are the ones that make it.

• 2 weeks later...

Iam suffering a lot from arthritis, Its paining in my knee, Any ayurvedic medicine for arthritis?(for quick relief) . Preferably mention about what kind of natural oil can be used? suggestions needed

Thanks in advance

I'm not a real big fan of ayurvedic medicine. I would seek something that has support by the brightest western minds, something that is strongly scientifically supported, if possible. You can probably find some forums that specialize in that one thing. I know there are different kinds of arthritis.

I have this very minor skin condition (psoriasis) that is actually linked to one type of arthritis. It was actually caused by eating unhealthy foods, coupled with a genetic disposition towards the condition. By cleaning up my diet really well and supplementing with Probiotics, Circumin, and Slippery Elm, I have been able to make it pretty much clear up, with a little help from prescriptions every now and then.

Rather than treating symptoms, I would focus on addressing the problem at the root, wherever that may be. If you are not already, I would be supplementing with Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM, Vitamin C, and Fish Oil lozenges, 3 times a day. These are extremely helpful for joint health. Also eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, plus a good multivitamin (preferably in capsule form). Eating saturated fats typically makes pain worse, while foods high in Omega 3 fats typically alleviate pain, though this really applies to inflammation, so I'm not sure if it would be applicable in your situation. Flax oil is kind of expensive, but it is extremely good for you. It works really good in salad dressing since it shouldn't be cooked. Also, leafy green vegetables are a good source of calcium.

If you want highly detailed information about nutritional content in foods, check out this site.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/

Looks like they probably have to be accredited medical doctors in order to call themselves a naturopath.

:rolleyes:

Naturopathy is based on six tenets or principles [1][2]:

"The healing power of nature"

"Identify and treat the cause"

"First do no harm"

"Treat the whole person"

"The physician as teacher"

"Prevention"

This is nonsense... These people just talk to you and don't actually do anything...

Licensed physicians from accredited schools are trained to use diagnostic tests such as imaging and blood tests before deciding upon the full course of treatment. Naturopathic Practitioners also employ the use of prescription medications and surgery when necessary and refer out to other medical practitioners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturopath

That's just what it says. This wiki has already been disputed in at least one manner. Evidently, the person disputing it didn't know how to hack it and edit it. Even if they are more like doctors of osteopathy instead, they should still have a good working knowledge of the subject.

In any case, there is no such thing as 'nautropaths' in the UK... And there is definitely no such thing as medically trained complimentary health professions here... I don't know what happens in other countries... The only thing that you can get is homeopathetic medicine, which is only a placebo...

And considering I know of someone who was told by an 'alternative practioner' to stop taking his angina medication and to take some of then ineffective, unproven 'medicine' instead... he then died a week later of a heart attack... so it doesn't take einstein to realise that these people are after your money and little more...