Intelligent thinking has shaped the universe?

-Demosthenes-

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? Is there anyway to prove it, or disprove it? It just seems what people think of, that is logical, turns out to be true. The most logical is usually the most simple one, so maybe we only proved the validity of Razor's law: the simplest solution is usually the correct one.

Given the complexity of the universe and trying to mathematically describe it, the simplest view of the universe held by the majority of people is not even close to correct. The standard view of the universe isn't close to correct either, but alot closer than the simplest possible view.

EinsteinTheory said in post # :

Why not? Is there anyway to prove it, or disprove it? It just seems what people think of, that is logical, turns out to be true. The most logical is usually the most simple one, so maybe we only proved the validity of Razor's law: the simplest solution is usually the correct one.

That's an oversimplification of Occam's Razor.

And the world WASN'T flat when people thought it was. There WAS quantum effects when Laplacian determinism was in vogue. And so forth.

I'd advise reading a book on empirical method; the essays by Kuhn in 'On the Structure of Scientific Revolutions' may be a tad 'dull', so maybe a book by SJ Gould.

Your thinking only shapes the universe if you "know" it's true. So the people who only "thought" they know couldn't "know" so thats not how the universe exists. The smart people who "know" that what they "know" has to be true to explain the it in a way that they can understand. The idea that "thinking" can make someting happen for no reason it inplausable, but if you "know" it's the only way to explain the universe in a way that wouldn't destroy their whole world. Like when a child first find out that they will die someday. It completely destroys and reorients how they live their life. It's a cool idea that someone could change the universe to avoid another experience like that.

The child holds his parant's words to be absolute truth. If the parant says that one day they will die, and they know might know about relatives such as Great Grandpa died(EX), then they will accepted it as reality.

But the Scientist who really knows nothing for certain about his scientific project can to conjure idea that makes sense and it can become true. He dosn't know if it can be true or not, but it makes sense, so it can become true.

Well anyway, the Human beings before us on other planets could have formed the universe using there minds, before we reconfigured it to fit our way of thinking.

PS I know what your thinking about other human beings, so I will explain how I think of it:

If the universe has lasted forever and always existed, then there was intelingent life before we existed. The only logical form of inteligent life is the human being. If you really think about it it really is. I hope i don't have any spelling errors!

The current model shows that the universe has not always existed. However, given its size, it's likely there is human-like life out there somewhere.

"The only logical form of inteligent life is the human being" needs to be qualified.