Gravity effect in water on items

Jacquesl

Gravity effect in water on items

Then I take a egg and drop it in water and then it goes down.

By adding salt to the water and waiting for it to dissolve will make the egg rise.

The surrounding area around the egg has changed and the gravity effect has been altered.

So why does Salt does the trick? Can I use other things two?

Gravity is not changed. What you've done by adding salt is slightly increasing the density of the water. When the egg was denser than the water, it sank, because there was more force pulling down on the egg than on the water it would have to displace (and thus push upwards). Once the salt was added, it was the water that was pulled down more, and the egg was pushed up out of the way.

Thanks swansont, I would definitely want to investigate further, are there any way of changing the buoyancy; example an egg to be super heavy and or super light, if salt increases the density of the water what decreases the density of water.

Ok, so:

(1) Heating it up or adding alcohol would decrease the density

(2) Freezing the water will decrease it’s density by 11%

So these two examples will make the egg sinks to the bottom.

How about blowing compressed air from the floor of the tank, will that makes the object fall like a piece of lead?

Yea that might work, but I don’t see myself in freezing a tank of water in +- 5 sec.

I want to have “gravity” control in the water, to make something float on sinks to be able to get a full rotation. = Energy baby

okay, first of all, you can't control gravity, you would be controlling buoyancy. if you do manage to get a system to produce a constant rotation your going to have to put in more energy than you could get out of it.

it would be more efficient to tie a weight to a rope wind the rope round the axle of a generator and drop the weight(but not the generator) from a height.

okay' date=' first of all, you can't control gravity, you would be controlling buoyancy [/quote']

Yea your right , that why a used “ “ signs because then your in a swimming pool, you might feel, that gravity does not exist anymore but that’s’ called buoyancy in water and gravity on land.

it would be more efficient to tie a weight to a rope wind the rope round the axle of a generator and drop the weight(but not the generator) from a height.

Smart idea, that energy will be called potential energy, but you will need energy to put that weight on top again to let it drop for energy release, and that energy source will not be able to be slave labor, so go can you let something drop and then let it climb up for free, that will make a nice efficiency output though

This one sound intresting, but I don’t understand this part:

“To make the small container sink, squeeze the

large container. This will compress the air bubble in the small container.

To make the small container surface again, let off the pressure, and its

flotation bubble will expand again.”

How will I be able to reset the thing after if has gone down to the bottom?

This one sound intresting, but I don’t understand this part:

“To make the small container sink, squeeze the

large container. This will compress the air bubble in the small container.

To make the small container surface again, let off the pressure, and its

flotation bubble will expand again.”

How will I be able to reset the thing after if has gone down to the bottom?

The container must be able to be compressed without permanently deforming, so it can return to the original shape. Like a plastic soda bottle.