Genetics

foodchain

Realistically speaking on genetics what do you think humanity could really do with it. Now not to be entirely based in the realm of science fiction could genetics ever be a fountain of youth? What about taking the place of modern day machinery, such as transportation? Do you think genetics when understood in some absolute fashion will be able to aid people in space exploration?

Overall I personally always thought that genetics or understanding it fully could unlock almost limitless potential in many regards, but then something always nags on me that such is not the case, so I thought I might just ask around for other opinions about my own opinion of genetics.

lots of questions for one thread. So, it depends on what you're trying to do, and how realistic your goals are. Genetics can bethe fountain of youth, in that, we'll be able to stay healthier for longer, and perhaps decrease the appearance of aging. But conquering death all together seems highly unlikely.

lots of questions for one thread. So, it depends on what you're trying to do, and how realistic your goals are. Genetics can bethe fountain of youth, in that, we'll be able to stay healthier for longer, and perhaps decrease the appearance of aging. But conquering death all together seems highly unlikely.

Not my goals. I plan to be a biochem major, but the college or university really I am planning to attend, currently at a different college, has graduate studies in environmental education, such is where I would like to end up. Biochem's more for just plain out interest then anything, and no I don’t want to be a genetic engineer.

Simply put, I just wonder what genetics could yield in real life when fully understood, or to the point in which "programming" is fully open for whatever, if that is possible and so on.

If genetic code is understood more it could be modified to change anything in our body. It could be used to modify our bodys to be stronger or for us to he taller or shorter. When genetics advance more, the fountain of youth could become a reality, as well as making humans super strong and intelligent.

If genetic code is understood more it could be modified to change anything in our body. It could be used to modify our bodys to be stronger or for us to he taller or shorter. When genetics advance more, the fountain of youth could become a reality, as well as making humans super strong and intelligent.

Yes that and we have to look at improving such things as our immune system. We can help to reduce issues that our future generations will have, if we can improve the genes. By studying the genetic code, one can grasp basicly the blue prints to create stonger, better built people. AND create dinosaurs on an island...........