correlation between half-lives in materials in cell and life span

Hi,

I am curious if there is any correlation between the rate of half lives within the meterials that a cell is comprised of and the life span of that cell. (dead = inanimate). One would think such a thing might give evidence that conciousness exists in all matter, due to the prominent possibility that organisms require material to maintain an equalibrium of half-lives.

Sorry if I have asked any arbitrary questions. I don't know very much about what I am asking.

-Jon Kuder

I assume you wonder whether everything within a cell decomposes once the cell is dead? Answer is: not really. It depends on the stability of the compounds. A living cell retains a certain intracellular environment which stabilizes for instance enzymes or nucleic acid. Once the cell is dead the homeostasis is no longer stable and some molecules degrade faster than in a living cell (e.g. mRNA).

For the second part of your question: I have not the slightest idea what you might be talking about.