flash powder???

chrono92

hello im wondering if what im thinking of is flash powder or whatever else. what im thinking of is a powder that when hits air or sunlight cumbusts. iv seen videos of people with this stuff in their hand and blow it out and it looks like a fire ball. dose anybody know what this is called or how to make it?

I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think it is finely powdered Al or Mg. I have some of those powders and for sure, they usually don't ignite by simply blowing them in the air.

I suspect that the persons, who did this trick still had some source of ignition in their hand. I know this kind of tricks from magicians shows and they use some flash-like powder, and they have a tiny sparking device in their hand.

I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think it is finely powdered Al or Mg. I have some of those powders and for sure, they usually don't ignite by simply blowing them in the air.

I suspect that the persons, who did this trick still had some source of ignition in their hand. I know this kind of tricks from magicians shows and they use some flash-like powder, and they have a tiny sparking device in their hand.

I agree if it's so volatile that simply blowing on it or some sunlight hitting it is going to set it off you probably aren't going to see anyone holding it in their hand.

• 3 weeks later...
hello im wondering if what im thinking of is flash powder or whatever else. what im thinking of is a powder that when hits air or sunlight cumbusts. iv seen videos of people with this stuff in their hand and blow it out and it looks like a fire ball. dose anybody know what this is called or how to make it?

I think you are describing Lycopodium powder. It must have a combustion source (fire) but it is very impressive to watch. It is the same principle as a grain storage bin explosion.

Joe