Synesthesia

twimath

As I say on my blog twimath.blogspot.com, numbers suggest different

colors to me. I think that these colors may be memories of abstract

patterns that are embedded in the unconscious. I have tried to produce

several of these patterns and have posted them on my blog.

As I say on my blog twimath.blogspot.com, numbers suggest different

colors to me. I think that these colors may be memories of abstract

patterns that are embedded in the unconscious. I have tried to produce

several of these patterns and have posted them on my blog.

As I understand it that is not really Synesthesia. People who have Synesthesia, actually see colours when say they hear a particular sound, or actually smell a rose when they see a colour. What you seem to be describing is just a typical association.

Most people I've talked to report this experience of thinking certain letters are a certain colour.

For example whenever I picture the letter A or the number 3 they are red in my mind. Conversely 2 is blue. G is green. 5 is blue as well. 7 is brown. 6 is purple. Z is usually white. 8 is orange, etc...

I am incredibly visually oriented, there's always a visual image that goes alot with just about every thought I have.

Yes, synaesthesia results in actual experiences/sensations. These are unique to the individual (no two synaesthetes share the same stimulus -experience relationship) and they remain unchanged over time which means the synaesthetic sensation evoked by a particular stimulus will always be evoked by that stimulus.

There are some probabilities for certain combinations. And then there are the bubla /kiki (whatever) effect for things like pitch and color: lower pitched sounds are usually darker.

Associations for things like letters/numbers could be unconsciously learned. When first learning the alphabet, for example, A is most common to be green or red for Apple. Some people report the names for people changing color as they get to know them, for example, despite what the letters usually look like alone. And new words can get their own colors, again, despite what color the actual letters are.

Some people are also synesthetic for letters they've never seen before in other alphabets. So it's most likely to be an association, but an unconscious one, and then you notice it. A is red, B is blue, C is white-yellow...

Btw you can experience synesthesia w/o being "synesthetic." The culture online is kind of a "you have it or your dont," and it's funny at the nexius there are a bunch of people that post "do I have synesthesia" as if they actually want to have it. If you have to ask you probably dont; I've experienced it a couple times, and it can leave a sort of dejavu-like feeling afterwards. *Pause* "Whoa," You ponder for a few seconds, "did I just smell grey?"

I dont know what's up w/ this twimath though. The first level is the most privative -- murders and bank robbers operate here. Wtf? If you associate colors w/ numbers, and they have layers ... good for you, but honestly? Wtf? Having synesthesia doesn't really make you special in any way.

Autism on the other hand, well, that's a different kind of special. How old are you? You should really stop obsessing about things like this and meat some people at school.