The Best way of Sleeping

Cheetah

It's 02:10 right now, and though I still have a lot of interesting threads to read here and other places, I realy feel I need to get to bed to get up in a reasonable time tomorrow (or today, whichever you prefere to think of it as).

Then I have one question that has occured for me.

I know that if one take an hours nap during work, one will feel much better and work better afterwards. I even know that some companies has started with a mandatory sleeping hour for the employies.

But normaly people sleep during the night, for about 1/3 of the 'day' (what is the english word for day and night combined?).

Is it healthier and more efficient to take all the sleep in one big sleep, or should one split it to many small sleeps during the entire day and night?

i think it would small sleeps during the day. Cause you body cantake its well needed rest and start working again after that nap. Then sleep again and do work later Well, i'm not sure too. I am just so used of getting sleep only at night.

Like what YT said in previous other posts, sleeping is divides in Quantity and Quality sleep

Quality sleep is when you wake up, you don't feel tried at all

Well, i have tried to excercise before sleeping and i could really get quality sleep.

I would like to know of other ways to get a good night'as rest.

Thanks in advance.

People are designed for 2 sleep periods, one long night session and a catnap in the afternoon. That's why we feel a bit tired around 4/5 pm and why the siesta is such a good idea. The session at night is different from a casual nap as it has 3 levels to it, a light nap for 10 min then a deeper sleep for 20 followed by the deep sleep that actually does the benefit. If you are the right sort of person, you could get to your deep sleep and back out in 3/4 hours leaving you fully rested. But that requires a lot of discipline to do.

People like Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher are examples of the types that existed on only 3 hours sleep a night. They trained themselves to do that over time. Crucially, they also had the 40 minute cat naps during the day to keep up the energy reserves.

If you tried to live on short naps alone, you would find yourself tired all the time. The 3 hours a night sleep pattern can only be achieved over years of practice (and a really comfy bed!), so isn't an option for the weaker minded individual (like almost everyone) or those that enjoy sleeping. It's really for people who are driven in some way.

Myself, I have 5 hours each night. It seems to be enough.