Energy Explained

Farsight

The plain vanilla variety, insane alien. Yes, energy is stored and delivered in many different ways, eg chemical, nuclear, radiation, kinetic. But there is a common underlying explanation of what it is.

I'm on holiday for a week from tomorrow, and will probably be out of touch for a while.

the plain vanilla variety? forgive me if my physics has fallen behind the current thinking but i don't recall there being a 'plain vanilla variety' of energy 2 years ago when i was studying physics. or even now when i do energy balances. or bernoulli's principle. or, well anything.

your going to have to give us REAL things to work with if you want us to do anything.

incidentally, is there a raspberry ripple variety?

the plain vanilla variety? forgive me if my physics has fallen behind the current thinking but i don't recall there being a 'plain vanilla variety' of energy 2 years ago when i was studying physics. or even now when i do energy balances. or bernoulli's principle. or, well anything.

your going to have to give us REAL things to work with if you want us to do anything.

I might have missed something in one of my lectures but I agree with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't dodge the issue. This is like I've asked you describe an elephant and you're fobbing me off by asking me what type of elephant. Come on, if you really do think you understand energy, explain it. Give a description of the underlying property that is common to electromagnetic energy, kinetic energy, or any other type of energy that you choose. Don't give me some non-explanation that tells me what Energy does. Tell me what it is. If you can't, then you don't understand it, and you need to stop kidding yourself.