Apache + php + GD ?

BigMoosie

I want to install apache, mysql, php and GD on my computer. In the past I have wasted ridiculous amounts of time trying to get them all running on old computers and there was always problems with version numbers and I never got the GD installed. I am hoping that there is an easy to install package of all these, with all the most usual settings and options enabled. A gui would be best but is not necessary if there are better distributions.

Can you please point me to a project or offer some advice?

Thanks alot

-moosie

Firstly, if you want it all to work easily quickly and simply install some solid distribution like fedora, or debian (my pref for servers), ubuntu or gentoo. Then install the apps from their repositories.

But if you're using windows something like RyanJ suggested wouldn't be the end of the world.

Thankyou both, Xampp sounds perfect, downloading it. Will come crawling back for more help if I fail miserably installing with this as well!

Cheers.

Its simple to install, trust me - if I can install it anyone can ;-)

Its simple to install, trust me - if I can install it anyone can ;-)

yeah i've been running it for several hours and everything is going perfect, ive tried other installs and been so confused, this one is great, im actually finally doing image manipulations in pHp, yay!

• 2 weeks later...