Do any of you subscribe to Scientific American?

aommaster

How many of you subscribe to Scientific American  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many of you subscribe to Scientific American

• Yes! I do subscribe
    • No!
    • I used to!
    • What is Scientific American?

yeah, scientific american is pretty good. It seems to target peoples that have a pretty good general background in science, whilst Discover seems to target an audeince that brings less scientific education.

HOwever, i think that scientific american has gotten worse over the years. It seems it has gotten a bit more "hand-waving" in its articles. Perhaps this is just because the topics are a bit harder to grasp, but if you go back to the articles in the 50's - 70's they were quite good. It was almost as if you could have taugh yourself a good part of the feild that the articles were about. Seriously. Oh well, like i say, it could just be that the topics covered now are more abstract.

Gamemastermh mentioned science, but said that it was a bit too hard to read. If you don't mind shelling out ~$70 a year, you can get Nature, which is like the step inbetween science and scientific american (though much more towards the science end of things). Basically, it is a easier to understand, more fun to read, science.

Cool

But yeah, scientific american is good, though i don't get it myself, i have thought about it from time to time. It just i have too many other journals to read that come to my lab :/ It is kinda a bummer, but you gotta do what you gotta do :D

I subscribed to nature for a year before I started college. Its basically a journal, with some general reading to preface the selected research. If you enjoy reading research papers on all the latest developments, Nature is for you. If you would rather someone translate it into illustrations and sensible (to the layman) reading, then check out SciAm.