No teachers avaible...Needs Help ALOT

ghostunitt

I have a trig project due on Tuesday and I have no idea how to solve it. (I have an idea but want to make sure I'm right) The problem goes as follows:

An artist is creating triangular ceramic tiles for a triangular patio. The patio will be an equilateral triangle with base 18ft and height 15.6 ft.

a. Find the area

b. The artist uses tiles that are isosceles triangles with base 6 in. The function y=3 tan O (O means Theta...) models the height of the tiles, where O is the measure of one of the base angles. Graph the function. Find the height of the tile when O=30degrees and when O=60degrees

c. Find the area of one tile in square inches when O=30 degrees and 60 degrees

d. Find the number of tiles the patio will require if )=30 or 60 degrees

Please help me as soon as possible answers and solutions Thank you...

and your not going to tell us the idea you had so we can tell you if our right or wrong?

His idea was that someone on this forum would do his homework for him.

It looks like he has the wrong idea.

ghostunitt, I have moved your thread to the proper forum, where people will know you need help and not answers.

I have an idea but want to make sure I'm right
Please share this idea, it will help our members see how far along you are and how best to help.

Posting here in Homework Help will make the hecklers go away as well. :)

My bad, I misinterpreted what you meant. I misread it since it is unnecessary to say what the height would be, an "equilateral triangle with side of 18" completely defines the situation. That said, show us what work you have done, and we will do our best to verify its accuracy. We are not going to post our solution just for you to check at home, because, frankly, we cannot just take your word that you have done the work yourself.

Ok well part a is obvious I got 1/2 base X height gives area....part B is simple too...I just plugged the given numbers for theta ( the 'O') thing....now part c is one part that I do not understand....Well I will have the height after using the equation y=3tan O....but where do I find how large the base is so I can find area?