UFOs a Distraction?

Dr. Dalek

Okay for a second lets assume that there is intelligent life out there in the Universe besides us (if you count us), and these aliens want to investigate our planet for some odd reason.

Such a visitation would be the cliche "Most significant event in human history." However, how would we be able to tell this event from every other UFO that turned out to be a mistake, or an aircaraft, or a hoax, or was discredited because of the involvement of conspiracy theorists?

I am having some quiet laughs imagining that they land in, say Cuba, Somalia Lbya, Iran or North Korea. The apoplectic reaction of Americans would be awesome to behold. The aliens would probably be deemed savage and undemocratic for failing to land in "the right place", and be quietly zapped by the black ops boys to save humanity.

I am having some quiet laughs imagining that they land in, say Cuba, Somalia Lbya, Iran or North Korea. The apoplectic reaction of Americans would be awesome to behold. The aliens would probably be deemed savage and undemocratic for failing to land in "the right place", and be quietly zapped by the black ops boys to save humanity.

How did I know someone was ging to make this political?

How did I know someone was ging to make this political?

:)

And just what made you think such a world shaking event would not be political? What else but the political machine would have the power and control to either hush it up or publicise it. Difficult to imagine it happening in a non-political vacuum.

Did you not know that all our politicians are in fact alens. They do not take kindly to illegal aliens from our our own planet, let alone extraterrestrial ones

There are many polticans whose names arn't Alen, but that is not the point.

:)

Alens/aliens, well spotted. But in revenge I ask what is a poltican? Oh, I get it, polticans are called alens.

Nice to imagine that an alien visitation would be non-political, but how would you stop the b******s sticking their noses in?

Well it also depends on which species is smarter. If they were smarter than us, they may not "just land" on the planet. I'd be skeptical about the aggressiveness of another planets species, assuming they have such characteristics...well yeah asssuming pretty much that they are similar to us, just smarter.

You'd need some pretty damn good evidence like what YT suggested in a comical way.

Well if intelligent they certainly won't want to talk to any politicians, have to be out amoung the common folk. They'd land give us a devise whose construction methods, materials, and function could only come from another world, pose for a few pics and a bit of video, and get the heck out of here.

Before they could be contaminated by Happy Meals, Religious conversion, or just plain shot-gutted-and strapped across the hood of a pickup truck. Hey you scientist types would want physical proof you could disect right.

Mr D