Now here is a thought.

I just relised that stuff on Global Warming is always in the Ecology and the Environment section; which is under the Biology section. Wouldn't it be more relavent in a section made for Atomsphereic Science, or are the two topics close enough for the difference to be neglagable.

I just relised that stuff on Global Warming is always in the Ecology and the Environment section; which is under the Biology section. Wouldn't it be more relavent in a section made for Atomsphereic Science, or are the two topics close enough for the difference to be neglagable.

well, it's certainly tied in to biology in that the atmosphere is critically influenced by the biosphere, but yeah, that's more relationship between the two than saying "global warming is biology" so on it's own I'd think i'd largely agree, except it does fall under environmental and ecological stuff perfectly, which is squarely under biology. Plus there is the matter that the primary issues with global warming boil down to the effects it has / will have on ecosystems, biology and all (notably and self-centeredly, human life).

I used to lecture on environmental physics (global warming, C02 emissions, ozone layer, alternative energy etc) so I do (humbly) believe I know a bit about it. But I must confeess I never go to the biology forums, because ... well... they are full of biologists.

Well... lets just consider that even the Weather part of meteorology alone, follows all the news programs on either TV or Radio, and it`s about the Only Science that can claim this.

it`s also the most Talked about even amongst total strangers, more so than some of the Other subs we have.

most of the Lightning posts we`ve had fit there, global warming does, VLF radio equipment does the list goes on...