A cosmic trigger event is occurring on the 17th of October 2006?

Daecon

Not realy, as you yourself stated if you do get something visible for the 17 hours, it is not visible everywhere on Earth (infact there are places where something is visible for 24 hous a day - the North and South poles).

Actually, almost every spot on Earth (with the exception of the equator) has parts of the sky visible 24 hours a day. I live at 45 degrees north. Everything less than 45 degrees from Polaris is in my sky 24 hours a day. That's about a quarter of the entire sky.

Why so serious you guys!????

I do find this kind of debate fun. Not all people find the same things fun, and we can express it and approach it in different ways. I would not be posting on these forums if I didn't find it fun to do so. ;)

Actually, almost every spot on Earth (with the exception of the equator) has parts of the sky visible 24 hours a day. I live at 45 degrees north. Everything less than 45 degrees from Polaris is in my sky 24 hours a day. That's about a quarter of the entire sky.

Yes, but these points in the sky are different between the norther and southern hemispheres, so this invalidates it as an argument that would allow it to occure as the initial claim said.

The point is that a fixed area in the sky plausibly serves as the cause for an event with these parameters.

No it doesn't. As I said above Northern and Southern Himispheres negate a fixt point in the sky that is not directly above the equator. And, if it is above the equator, then it can not be in a fixed position and also deliver 17 hours of exposure to a specific point on the Earth (timezone). Aproximate times or not, it is geometrically imposible for these two conditions to both apply, one or the other is ok, but not both. They are mutually exclusive.

• 2 months later...