Is this true?

insane_alien

What I'm talking about is physically putting a dvd in your computer and watching it. Not copying the dvd. Not making a tracker. Just watching it.

They cant stop people from copying/sharing dvds. It's never going to happen. The industry needs to adapt not invent crazy shit like css encoding. It's a wast of their money and of consumer time. And like Cap'n Refsmmat said they'd be breaking anti-trust laws.

Yeah, it's a shame. But what can they conceivably do about it?

Apparently they (the tcpa) think they can control it all.

win XP compared to win Vista in terms of things like this and DRM is scary' date=' vista is FAR FAR worst...

As for the Sony HD-DVD thing, Sony don't make HD-DVD players and are infact one of the main contributers to the competition to HD-DVD, so do you mean the HD-DVD coallition is doing this or Sony is doing it with Blu-Ray, or are they both doing it?

And I shall never install Vista on one of my machines out of principle due to things like this :'( Shame avoiding the hardware isn't as easy, but I shall try...[/quote']

yah they had some kind of plan with the Blue-Ray

it got nerfed pretty quickly though.

yah, this will not work. In the end people buy computers, and if they dont like it they wont buy it. Then someone else will see the opportunity and sell a product that they do want.

The point is that none of these companies have a true monopoly (or could keep one). IF that were so... well, computers would suck I guess lol.