Trends to the Future in Movies

Guest Klaus

Talking about movies. Have you guys catch GATTACA? It is a movie made very long time ago. i think about in 1994. I think our future would be quite similar. (in the movie) :)

The movie is very cool. Nice plot. Amazing !

I`m with you 100% on the "Blade Runner" film, it`s truly class!

another classic that I`m sure some will never have heard of though, was a British made film called "Threads" it was actualy banned for about 18 years, but is available again now (I got mine from Play.com). it is a Genuine Horror movie to beat all! and it makes the American version "The Day After" look like a picnic!

Personaly I rated Matrix, I totaly enjoyed it, although I don`t think it will make "Classic" status as well as some others, "Star Wars" for example, non the less a thoroughly enjoyable watch :)

has anyone here seen "cube"? that is a crazy movie too. Quite good. :D

as far as matrix goes, i thought it was pretty good, but it seems to rehash ideas that everyone has had as a kid (ie. am i dreaming now? how do i tell that i am really awake? ect.)

it seems to me that the point that should have been made (and was made once durring the second movie) was that people are dependend on machines. Even if the machines are not directly enslaving them, people, out of nessesity, has enslaved themselves to machines.

A good book that makes exactly this point is Kurt Vonegut's player piano which i enjoyed thoroughly :)

The Matrix is not an 'important reference movie that will reshape our future', its a pretty average trilogy that got steadily worse with evch film. The first was truly remarkable and should be rememebred, the less said about the other two the better.

The biblical theme was at first clever but in the end proved cumbersome and very predictable. the 100 smiths fight in reloaded was for me very disappointing; go ask Tarantino about Kill Bill for excellent fight scenes en masse.

Wooo YEAH!

Tarantino!, now he`s done some good stuff! I recon a few of his films will make classic status!

even though some you have to watch twice as they don`t make 100% sense the 1`st time round "Pulp Fiction" was better second time we though :)

a few interesting ideas in that article, i think its mostly crap though. The original sin concept was one i hadn't thought of before---- it really fits because it is like an awakening of knowledge, like the tree. Does that make morpheus satan? well it aughtn't be a complete metaphor, that would be stupid.

i could buy the idea of neo becoming an agent--- i don't want to believe he's a machine though (or completely anyway).

A major downside was the spelling of Zion as Zyon. That just sucks out the credibility. I'm usually one to say spelling doesn't matter, but in this case it serves to proove they likely are just making up stuff, and saying, perhaps even thinking they've figured it out.

Hello there!

I am the author of that article on ZapFuture.com, that someone posted here and have noticed some referers coming from this address and thus have decided to investigate. First of all, nice site, this one. I have added it to my favourites. Second, about that article, some points must be made:

1. It’s my particular vision of the Matrix.

2. I have been in contact with someone very well informed - or at least should be very well informed, taking into consideration the place where she works - (journalist ethics => can't reveal the source) that told me only this, and I quote: "The Matrix series is just beginning..."

3. NavajoEverclear: Thanks for the "few interesting ideas". Sorry for the spelling. My native language is Portuguese. As a matter of a fact, I had that doubt for some seconds the first time I wrote it down, and then thought about going to double check it, but the next second was so convinced that I could not be wrong about something so obvious. My mistake. However, that doesn’t imply that the whole article is crap! Right?!

About ZapFuture.com: It's a new project, just beginning. I would be delighted with your visits and your precious contribution. It is supposed to be polemic and have some new tech and scientific theories on the edge of now-a-days scientific knowledge.

Best Regards,

JAugusto

ZapFuture.com