Visiting the United Kingdom

jdurg

In my job I have the opportunity to do a lot of traveling. On the 20th of this month I will be heading out to one of our corporate offices in Sandwich, UK. I'll be going from the 20th to the 24th and should have a little bit of free time to see the area. I know we have a lot of members at the forums here from the United Kingdom, so if any of you know of any good places to get some food or to visit post them here with some details about how to get there. I fly from the East Coast here on Sunday and due to the travel time and time zone differences it will wind up taking up the entire day. But I do plan on seeing the area when I'm not working as this is my first trip outside of the USA.

Sometime later this year I may also wind up going to Shanghai, China to give some training and from what I've heard Shanghai is a great place to go and is a lot like NYC. I'm not really sure when I'll be heading out, or if I'll even be able to depending on my workload, but that will be fun to see. Now I just need to work on my boss to let me go to a protocol meeting out in Paris, France in the middle of September. :D

Well if your in Kent, then London is an obvious choice...perhaps check out the museums, galleries, and of course general sight seeing. On the south coast, I guess Brighton, which is where I live near could be worth a look, but it has been dubbed 'London by the sea' and I'd personally opt for London if you're strapped for time, Brighton is very unique in a pretentious kind of way.

I'd recommend taking a jaunt up the South Downs as well, the weather here has been great, so a walk in the English countryside perhaps. I'll try and think of some other places that aren't too far from where you're staying. I'm guessing your talking of Sandwich in Kent, (which is a medieval village) I don't know of any other places in the UK called Sandwich.

Hehe. Well I think the smell of putrid organic experiments gone wrong and all the five headed sheep near YT's place of residence will make it pretty easy to spot. ;):P:D

And yes, I will be in Sandwich, Kent as that is where our UK version of the company is located. I'm still working on the details of the trip and need to get my passport straightened out, but I'm looking forward to it.