intel physics research

computerages

hi every1~!

I am a junior at high school, and I was thinking about doing intel project in physics over the summer. But I am not sure what should be the thesis of my project. I want my project to be completely theoretical; I may however use some experimental data to support my thesis. One reason for that I don't have any fancy machines to carry out the experiments by myself.

So, do you guys have any idea as what I should look into? What should be the topic of my thesis?

And idea/advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Most high schools kids I know don't have the math skills to do any theorhetical work, especially not by themselves.

As I tell everyone on this site who is looking for an Intel project... FIND A MENTOR!!!

I contacted a few people over at NYU. Most of them did not reply, and one who did said the work he does is not handleable by a high school student. So, I don't think I could find a mentor who really can help me as my recent tries were unsuccessful.

I don't think you will be able to do any original work.

Do you know about differential equations and how to solve them numerically? If so, a nice project could be to solve the time-independant Schrodinger equation for some well-known potentials.