Dissection Question

thex

Hi, this is my first post, and I seemed to be stumped on a small thing..

What are some questions that can be answered by a fetal pig dissection? I can't think of any...any help is apprecitated.

finding out the location of major organs n how they really look like

taking a look at the major viens n arteries

to measure the length of the pigs large n small instestine

to measure the number of lobes of the liver

measuring and locating major glands

**in my grade 11 class, we did fetal pig dissection, and we had 4 worksheets to complete

You can do Comparitive Anatomical Studies: similarities and differences to humans?

I.e. Limb structure (what bones they have, what don't they have), Nervous system anatomy/connectivity (what is the shape of the brain compared to humans?, volume of cortex compared to humans?, eye antaomy how is it sim or dif to human) Cardiac/pulmonary ciruculation, craniofacial structure (tooth population, i.e. number of molars, incisors etc compared to humans), hair (thickness, flexability),

reproductive organs (how is the penis/uterus different/similar)?

hope this helps.

then ask your teach for fetal human for the next dissection for thorough comparison. :D:eek::P

Thanks, so I could write something along the lines of: "Where is the _____ located?"?

u can ask for lacation of an organ relative to the other organs, or u can ask them to draw it out.

or like: count the number of lobes on the left liver. How many lobes does the left liver have?

same thing goes for right liver

or : name all the glands and draw and specify their location.

or: measure the lenght of small intestine, how long is it in cm?

or ask: wat is the organ ------ connected to? how many major arteries are around this organ?

btw, there r so many sample questions online, u can google it