test forum

I know there's not really that much of a need, but I had to make a test-thread once to pin down an error with the board, and i've just seen someone else post something along the lines of 'test post -- please ignore'.

Might be an idea to have a test-forum, which auto-deletes the posts every 24 hours. On other boards i've seen with them, they tend to get used by people practicing BB code or playing with img tags etc. they seem to be veiguely useful.

incidentally, the error still hasn't been fixed. you still can't submit a post that contains the string 'curl in'

No idea how significant that is, but incase it's been forgotten, there it is again.

Generally I think using the "preview post" button is enough for all testing. But perhaps not everyone (especially not people new to this forum) will come up with the idea of using it. So: I like the idea.

actually, now that you've said that I remembered something: i usually use 'preview thread' for testing purposes, but that doesnt display any img tags that are in the thread, and any ascii-diagrams quite often display differently once posted than they do in the preview 'cos of the side column shifting the position of the line breaks.

So yeah, i'd like to bump it up from a veigue suggestion to a request please.