A debate team?

I am suggesting a debate team. It will be modelled after the News Team, only it will be used for the debate forums. What the debate team will do is come up with debates and get other members to debate the subject. After the users agree, the members of the debate team will make the opening posts for the debates, and moderate the debate forums. Any comments?

I'd so do that if it was open to the public. Would this be in the format of like sports teams? I think that would be totally cool! Championship matches, winners gets a bagel, all good fun.

I just want to say this during a debate:

YOU WANT THE PROOF?!? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PROOF!!!

jk.

I'd so do that if it was open to the public. Would this be in the format of like sports teams? I think that would be totally cool! Championship matches, winners gets a bagel, all good fun

What I meant was something like the news team, only with debates. The news team basically writes news articles for the news forum. There is a private forum for the members where they edit articles the articles. The members are also moderators of the News Forum.

What you said would be awesome though.

Oh like a group who creates debate topics?..err yeah thats what you wrote...I need to read more carefully. sorry.

I would help, I am not sure if I could think of good debate topics, it's hard to find interest debate topics that the majority could actually make a debate from without it being biased towards one side.

Either way I maybe new, and it may seem I don't take things too seriously, I would put good effort into it. If it takes off and you need people, I am good for it.