Reason on Peak Oil Panic

bascule

Glad to see a skeptical take on the peak oil issue:

http://www.reason.com/0605/fe.rb.peak.shtml

The good news is that the peak oil doomsters are probably wrong that world oil production is about to decline forever. Most analysts believe that world petroleum supplies will meet projected demand at reasonable prices for at least another generation. The bad news is that much of the world’s oil reserves are in the custody of unstable and sometimes hostile regimes. But the oil producing nations would be the ultimate losers if they provoked an “oil crisis,” since that would spur industrialized countries to cut back on imports and develop alternative energy technologies.

• 5 months later...
This piece was seriously underwhelming, had a number of logical inconsistencies

If you're going to make accusations of logical errors, you're generally expected to state what those logical errors are.

and has just been debunked by the Australian Federal Senate! See my home page for details.

Can you give a link to a credible site, rather than your home page?

Yep, if you want to fly anywhere, do it soon.... I give it 4 to 5 year, 6 or 7 on the absolutely outside, before Australia whacks on the "Emergency Liquid fuel act" rationing oil to the essential sectors such as agriculture and infrastructure. (As will other countries, no doubt.)

Fear! Uncertainty! Doubt! Hooray!

You and me? We'll have to buy a bike.

At least I'll lose some weight.

My bike is already my primary form of transportation

Oil production per capita peaked around 1978/79 and has been going down ever since. This is a fact.

We have oil enough to last us until 2035 at the most optimistic, but it will become increasingly expensive, so for most of us will probably be gone by 2025.

God knows what we'll do then!

Also, a generation is only 20 years!

Oil production per capita peaked around 1978/79 and has been going down ever since. This is a fact.

Facts have sources. Give some please.

We have oil enough to last us until 2035 at the most optimistic, but it will become increasingly expensive, so for most of us will probably be gone by 2025.

sources?