Long wavelength photon, how lonnnng is it?

AlienUFO

indeed I do have have knowledge of electronics to a degree, hence I said about the battery and the wire earlier (similar could be accomplished with a more elaborate LC and sine wave).

and so NOW you`re getting What and WHY I mentioned it before :)

edit: just read the above post (we crossed posts) Yes there are on a practical level, but theoreticaly No.

I still don't get my answer... I know, in typical wave, i.e. water, sound, string, etc., the whole wavelength is a part of 'body' of wave itself.

Now when come to wave particle, the wave-length might not a part of its 'body'. It might just the distant that the particle completes its cycle.

Correct me if I am wrong.

for instance can you give me an example of where a Photon(s) have a frequency from peak to peak once every 50 years?

Yes' date=' photons who have an energy of 4.2x10[sup']-43[/sup]J. These are produced in the tail of a perfect black-body spectrum (so there will be some in the CMBR for example).

It is a property of the wave.

If you start pinpointing the exact position of the particle then it no longer exists as a wave, so no longer has a wavelength. As Severian has already said.

Now when come to wave particle, the wave-length might not a part of its 'body'. It might just the distant that the particle completes its cycle.
If the 'body' is the particle then no. To be correct the 'body' must be the wave. You could say that the wavelength is the distance taken to complete it's wave-like cycle.

Yes.

All particles can act like waves. In fact everything acts like waves, although once you get larger than atomic scales the effects become very small and by the time you get to scales which you can see, without aid, with the human eye the effects are effectively totaly unnoticeable.

Well, physics now says that even at that temperature, which we cannot reach so it's a mute point, that particles would not stop moving entirely because that would violate the Uncertainty principle.

Well, physics now says that even at that temperature, which we cannot reach so it's a mute point, that particles would not stop moving entirely because that would violate the Uncertainty principle.

OH good Grief, stop being such an old woman will ya!

it was Clearly a bit of FUN, since this thread has neared conclusion.

Yeh... I mean if it were that cold you wouldn't see me running around trying to measure things like that!

But if you used laser cooling to get it that cold I might nick your laser! Love lasers!