Run windows xp apps on win2k?

swacholtz

Shame no one pointed out this http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/readme.aspx#System

probably the quickest way to find out would have been to use the microsoft site and find out - personnally i was surprised it won't work, and if it were me i would download it and try it anyway . . . . but thats just me.

As i say 2k is XP with a pretty face

2000 isn't security supported any more is it?

Under the hood XP and 2k are shockingly close' date=' esspecially when you consider thta XP was released a decent amout of tiem after 2k...[/quote']

I think it still is, they only killed support for Win98 and WinME a while ago so it must still be active for 2000 I guess :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

correct you are - but remember vista will be around soon . . . . ish they it'll be a matter of time before it'll be dropped . . . and it wouldn't surprise me if xp is dropped quickly as well, in an attempt to bump people up to vista

correct you are - but remember vista will be around soon . . . . ish they it'll be a matter of time before it'll be dropped . . . and it wouldn't surprise me if xp is dropped quickly as well, in an attempt to bump people up to vista

I'm not so shure about that... I think there is a law that says they must maintain support for xxx amount of time. MS are a money hungry monopoly so your right they wil try to get rid of P as fast as they can once Vista is finished.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones