Everglades Evolution

Okay, so I just returned from Everglades National Park, and I noticed something that Charles Darwin noticed when he went to the Galopogas Islands: the animals fit their environment almost perfectly.

The everglades is one of the only sub-tropical places on Earth, and so plants and animals from temperate climates and tropical climates clash together. For this to happen, temperate animals must adjust to the dry and wet seasons. What I noticed is that some frogs that I can easily find near my house in Michigan (the same species) that can only go weeks without water near my home can go months without water in the Everglades.

I think this alone proves that animals can change to fit their environment. Any comments?

I think this alone proves that animals can change to fit their environment. Any comments?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant that animals as a species can change to fit their environment... otherwise, you have Llamark's theory.

But, yeah... animals like Darwin's finches, which you can see evolve in a single generation if pretty definitave proof, even with ignoring the fossil record, that evolution is a real thing.