Iran

Jim

It may seem like a no-brainer that Iran might want[/i'] nuclear weapons, but that doesn't mean they will risk building them.

True although they appear willing to take at least some risks and are giving themselves little room to crawdad (Okie slang for backpeddling). The crowds that celebrated this "atomic miracle" were not joyous about a national public works project.

George Will made some good points this morning. He was optomistic about the young demographic nature of Iran. At the same time, he referred to Ahmadinejad as a holocaust denier who has pledged to complete the holocaust.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes' date=' I had thought that after I'd posted it :)

The trouble is, by the time you have the evidence and have a consensus from the international community, the rockets are long gone and the damage is already done. Plus, after Iraq, everybody is going to be sure to triple-check their sources and intelligence before going to the UN about it anyway.[/quote']

You know we've been there before, right? All through the 1930s. Only of course then there was no UN and the prior example was the debacle called World War 1.

History is repeating itself, right before our very eyes, and there may not be anything we can do to stop it. Will we find convenient figureheads to blame, or will we stand up and get the job done right this time?

George Will made some good points this morning. He was optomistic about the young demographic nature of Iran. At the same time, he referred to Ahmadinejad as a holocaust denier who has pledged to complete the holocaust.

He denies the holocaust yet has pledged to complete it? What a loon. Now I am a bit worried.

He denies the holocaust yet has pledged to complete it? What a loon. Now I am a bit worried.

Ahmadinejad has called the holocaust a "myth." I suppose Will was being a little overboard in that Ahmadinejad has "only" said Israel should be wiped off the map, not all Jews.

Hello again. :)

Just a note that the puppet Ahmadinejad just pledged 50 million dollars to Hamas which also does not recognize Israels right to exist.

So, if you are worried, then I am very worried.

Bee

I guess we're going to have to wait and see what sanctions - if any - the UN decides to impose on Iran. I'm still holding out hope for a diplomatic solution, but I have a feeling that this probably isn't going to end particularly well.

They will be unable to impose serious sanctions. A serious proposal won't even be made, because it's already been rejected. Most of the talk now is about compromise proposals with less-harsh consequences. The unfortunate thing there is that the test of whether or not the compromise proposal will pass seems to be whether or not Iran will accept or reject them.

Never chain Berlin.

sanctions aren`t any good either, it`ll only serve to pi$$ the people off, while those at the top are still sitting pretty, sanctions would be twisted around as "Proof" and be used as arguments For having nuclear capabilities.

I don't really see how there can be a diplomatic solution to this issue other than the Iranian gov't changing their mind. Because If anyone tries to persuade them from developing nuclear material it will be with threat of force(militarily or economicly) or by buying off their will to produce such material. In the latter case, it will only show that to get stuff from the world you need only threaten to make nuclear material.

Iran only needs low enriched uranium for nuclear power, yet they're enriching it to weapons grade. And they bought the equipment to do so from the former head of the nuclear black market. What does that tell you?

Oh, and did I mention they're building ICBMs?