Dermatophytes

I got a case of Dermatophytes (common name is "Ring Worm") for almost two weeks now. You ever got it or heard of it before? Ring Worm also termed tinea corporis, is an infectious skin disease caused by mold-like fungi called Dermatophytes. The fungus are dependcy on your dead skins to keep them alive. The common symptoms for ringworms are itching, burning, dryness, or circular flaky rashes on the skin. Areas such as the back of neck/hairline, back, gential parts, goes unnoticed, until you find them. As they feed on the dead skins, they don't mingle with your blood, so you won't feel sick. Therefore, you won't know that you have Ring Worm, until you find it.

I'm a wrestler myself, and I got Ring Worm from it. Communicable diseases, skin diseases, in particular, are a threat to wrestlers because of constant skin-to-skin contact and repeated minor abrasions.

Sadly, it caused me to be eliminated from an important wrestling tournament that I wanted to attend, because it's very contagious.

So did any of you SFN members have this before or not?

I never had it myself, but when I was in the King's Troop, the horses sometimes used to come down with it. Ringworm is quite common in horses. One year they came down with a particularly virulent strain, and many of the guys working with them caught it. I was lucky, I escaped it. It is highly contagious, but it's not a severe problem. It's treatable and won't do any long term damage.

I had it once on my chest and used some 1% clotrimazole cream to get rid of it. I got the cream at CVS and it is the CVS generic brand. It should take about a week to fully eleminate it. As it is a fungal disease, the spores will be on anything you may have had contact with. Remember to wash any clothing or bed sheets you own.

Good Luck!

My condition has gotten worser. More tiny spores starting to appear all over my body, but not as bad as the orginal place where it started. (Along the hair line on the back of my neck and on the right knee). The fungus would find more dead skins on my body to feed on. I showered every twice days, and it seems not to be enough. It's also so itchy that I need to do something to distract me.

I continue to use creme twice a day to cure it, but it seems to get worser. Thanks for the suggestion of washing my bed sheets and clothes, I should do that.

I was told that it might get 2 to 3 weeks until I can completely eliminate the fungual illness.

:-(