SFN acting weird

This seems like the right place to look for help about this.

When ever i log on to SFN on any computer(just tested it on the uni computer) and it goes back to the home page i get automatically redirected to http://www.scienceforums.net/profile.php this addy produces a 404. every time i try to access the home page this happens. its really starting to **** me off. i tried deleting cookies etc but since it also doesn't work on the uni computers, i doubt its that.

Any ideas/solutions?

I've got this, but I had it once before and I fixed it, gimme a few mins and I'll see if I can do something. That is, I can do something at my end, if this is a server prob then I can't help. Last time I had this I believe the prob was my end so I did fix it.

Hmm, it didn't work.

When you are not logged on it loads properly. But once you log on when loading the homepage it automatically redirects to /profile.php

Err, what the hell... so I decided to use FF to see if it happened on that, and it didn't, then I tried it on IE again and it works, fine, every time. Weird!

[edit] Yep, definately works fine now!

• 2 months later...

I finally figured it out. If your time settings weren't in sync with the server it tries to redirect you to your profile to fix the problem. However, the URL for the redirect was wrong, hence the error page. I took out the redirect altogether.