can someone please help me? I am bad @ sci

dTMP.gif

this is deoxythymidine but the only difference is that you take the H on the ribose and add an oxygen for the regular thymidine (which is by the way the name of thymine+sugar).

so... the base (thymine) is the structure with the two nitrogens, the ribose is the pentagon structure in the middle and the phosphate is attached to the other side of the ribose.

hope that helps

Note that thymine is absent from RNA so in vivo[/i'] you will only find deoxyribothymidine and no ribothymidine nucleotides.

You're going to hate me for being so picky but thats not entirely true. Ribothymidine is present at certain select position in various mammalian tRNA's like the tRNA for Phenylalanine has a ribothymidine at a few select positions. I'm also pretty sure that these are done post transcriptionally but I'm not sure. Yeah this is a major exceptation and only serves to illustrate the massive collection of exceptions in biology.