Partition

Primarygun

I want to have a partition in order to have a spare copy of my documents.

May anyone suggest me some softwares which allow me to do this?

I wonder if you are kindy enough to give brief summary of the use of it.

Partition Magic is what I use, even though it runs from DOS it has an interface just like that of Linux (For me).

Basically it shows your drives, you select one and it shows the partitionbs you have. Then you double click on it and you can move the bars arround to alter the sizes of the partitions and add new ones...

Its simple to use and it works :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Isn´t Partition Magic a commercial product (by which I mean: "you have to buy it")? You don´t need to have Linux installed to use qtparted. I downloaded a QTParted Live-CD two weeks ago (but I don´t have the link anymore).

Isn´t Partition Magic a commercial product (by which I mean: "you have to buy it")?

Yes it is. Luckily I have had my copy for a damn long time when I was testing software for them.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

• 2 weeks later...
My adviser suggests me reinstalling the system in C: time from time in order to remove those unwanted fragments, do you think he is correct?

Reinstalling C??? I asume 'c' is the letter of your Hard drive, and from what you say i also gather your adviser is telling you to re-install the Operating system?

Oh god no, what a waste of time . . . fragments? well i suppose you could use the Windows Defrag tool ;)