[img][/img]

i thought viewing a quick image rather lightened up a forum, the current layout is much more distracting. Your reading someones "intelligant" post and then you start reading there sig accidently. That seems more of a distraction to a picture.

i thought viewing a quick image rather lightened up a forum, the current layout is much more distracting. Your reading someones "intelligant" post and then you start reading there sig accidently. That seems more of a distraction to a picture.

As far as I know it is enabled but its use is limited because, as ecoli said, it can break a thread and disrupt the flow of the thread so its limited for that reason alone.

The same is also true for the bubble tags.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

As far as I know it is enabled but its use is limited because, as ecoli said, it can break a thread and disrupt the flow of the thread so its limited for that reason alone.

It's not limited usage; we never enabled it in the first place :)

But yes, the reason is that it breaks up the continuity of the thread.

They are referring to using the image tags in a signature.

You're meant to be able to use them in posts! It's sigs where they are disabled.

Oh... though the bubble was GD?

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

The bubble works in GD and a few other random places, maybe here, lets try:

Character - homer
corner_tl.gif corner_tr.gif
tail.gif
If this works can I have a donut? .... yay, I get a donut!
corner_bl.gif corner_br.gif

[edit] Like I said, bubbles are meant for GD but work in a few other random places, maybe HW or somewhere random like that, it doesn't work in any of the main sciences or maths or computers or anything.

[edit2] you do meant bubbles like what I just did, because it's totaly seperate from the tags this thread is about, you do bubbles with the [bubble] tag.

[edit] Like I said' date=' bubbles are meant for GD but work in a few other random places, maybe HW or somewhere random like that, it doesn't work in any of the main sciences or maths or computers or anything.[/quote']

I know :)

Apparently it works in sigs for some odd reason...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Oh yeah, indeed it does, I'm sure it's not meant to.

No one does it at the moment, so need to change it... but if it's simple to change can I ask an admin/mod to fix that anyway? Because I really agree with Cap'n and dave that it breaks up threads and I dislike it.

No one does it at the moment' date=' so need to change it... but if it's simple to change can I ask an admin/mod to fix that anyway? Because I really agree with Cap'n and dave that it breaks up threads and I dislike it.[/quote']

Should be easy to do - I belive there is already a way to remove xxx from sig so all that should be required is to add a new control option and then extend the image remover :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Well it's not that simple' date=' but I'll take a look.

[i']Adds it to the ever mounting to-do list... ;)[/i]

Sorry to bog ya down - you need some server admins to do the work for you ;)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

The Philosophy & Religion forum is the main one.

Probably because if a conflict got out of hand then it may be abused.... Not shure though it just seems odd that its the only one where it does not work :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones