Temperature difference in fridge.

Kedas

I did measure the temp diff. in my fridge at the bottom and on the top.

I got 11°C and 6°C. The problem I have is that I find that a big difference if you know that most things come with the text 'store at max 7°C'

So my obvious question is why have fridges no build in ventilator. Only a small one so the temp is equal.

The height diff. was about 60cm with still about 10cm room left above and below.

Maybe it's a strange fridge, what are your fridge temps?

Kedas, using a Govornment food inspectors temp sensor (my mate stole from work) last callibrated 21-06-02.

the botton of mine is 2.7c and the top is 6.1c.

but it`s a VERY old fridge freezer, the freezer is the very bottom section and the seals are shot to hell.

hope that`s of any use to you? :)

Thanks for the info.

I read that the correct fridge temp should be about 3 or 4°C.

I already turned it lower. 5 below 8 above still a bit too high.

Maybe the modern fridges have a more equal temp ?If they don't then I find that very strange knowing that 3°C or 4°C is the correct temp to store food. (7°C is the absolute max temp)

Basiscally your fridge has the right temps (always below 7) and mine hasn't :)

Maybe I shoud take a patent on a fridge ventilator with warning light/sound if the fridges temp isn't below 6°C ;)

well mine`s FAR from modern :) probably 20+ year old.

if you can`t turn your fridge any lower on the dial, there is a way to cheat, I`ve done it before, but opposite way around, there`s a temp sensor in there, looks a bit like a very thick wire or thin pipe. if you can locate that and free it from its position, place it as far away from the cooling element as possible, that will fool it into thinking it hotter than it is :)

they`re usualy a good 25+ cms long, and reasonably flexible, it shouldn`t be that difficult to manipulate.

I had a friends fridge that did the opposite, it kept freezing stuff, so I wrapped the sensor around the coolong element, as far as I know, it`s still working great :)

I needed a rectal thermometer for my ex-wifes frig. All her cooking tasted like crap. If it was brown it was vegetables and if it was green it was meat. I survived and am happily married with a great cook wife now. Good luck keeping yer foods the right color.

Just aman

hey I don't need no wife to do my cooking, I can cook just fine

actually, our fridge leaves part of the bottom sticky thing unattached to the fridge, so it let's the cold air out. That means either good cooking goes bad quickly, or bad cooking gets worse even more quickly

I just want to add that how it taste isn't the main reason for the fridge but to prevent that bacteria getting a chance.

You can actually die from a bacteria.

It almost killled a family here, after investigation they pointed to the macaroni that was stored at way to high temps in the fridge. They were several day's in intensive care I'm not sure but I think that the youngest one eventualy died the rest survived. It was a rare bacteria they said but you can't choose the bateria in your fridge.