please help me

student 2

Multipotent stem cells can give rise to several other cell types, but those types are limited in number. An example of a multipotent stem cell is a hematopoietic cells — a blood stem cells that can develop into several types of blood cells, but cannot develop into brain cells or other types of cells. At the end of the long series of cell divisions that form the embryo are cells that are terminally differentiated, or that are considered to be permanently committed to a specific function.

Scientists have long held the opinion that differentiated cells cannot be altered or caused to behave in any way other than the way in which they have been naturally committed. New research, however, has even called that assumption into question. In recent stem cell experiments, scientists have been able to persuade blood stem cells to behave like neurons, or brain cells. Scientists now believe that stem cell research could reveal far more vital information about our bodies than was previously known. There is also continuing research to see if it is possible to make multipotent cells into pluripotent drugs.

just go to wikipedia' date=' thats where i found it. they have pretty much everything.

but hey, its cool!!![/quote']Please direct homework questioners to sources rather than cutting and pasting answers for them. And if you do post someone else's text verbatim, please give them the credit and a link to your source.

I appreciate the fact that you mentioned Wikipedia and were not trying to pass this work off as your own, but we have to conform to copyright laws and we don't want SFN to get a reputation of allowing plagiarism. :embarass: