Search for multiple usernames

Would it be (easily) possible to enhance the search function to allow searching for multiple usernames?

The reason behind that question is that I wanted to post a reference one of Severians´ posts in which he had answered a question of mine. But since this forum doesn´t seem to have above option (I didn´t figure out how to do such a search, at least), I had to browse through quite a lot of threads I participated in to find it.

• 3 weeks later...

If you do an Advanced Search:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/search.php

you can enter a User Name (on the right) as well as Key Words (on the left) and also display the results as a list of posts, not threads, option on the bottom left.

That isn't search for multiple usernames, but it would have allowed you to search through Severians posts which contain the key words.

I am pretty sure the username is unique in here. I actually WAS talking about the advanced search where there´s a field for searching for usernames, in case that didn´t become clear.

What I was asking for was an option to show all threads in which all of the posters mentioned in the username search field contributed.

Adding the names in the keyword field only shows of the threads if the name of the poster was explicitely mentioned; the poster having posted there is not sufficient.

Yes, I know it is a unique username. What I meant is that if you were called 'xyz8hd' then a search for 'Severian' in author and 'xyz8hd' in keyword would reveal the posts you are looking for because people usually quote the previous poster (so the post would contain "[ quote]xyz8hd.....". But with your username that tactic doesn't work.

Hmm... would searching for a keyword "[ quote]Atheist" work....?

Edit: No it doesn't :(

Edit2: In fact, I don't think it includes anything which is in a quote. Can anyone confirm this?

Don´t spend too much time on it if you´re busy Dave. It´s not too important. I could also have looked for all posts of Severian and recognizing those in which I contributed by the arrow-symbol on them; it´s only a few more pages to browse. I simply thought that maybe allowing for multiple username searches is only a switch or so.

@Severian: Let´s see:

Blubbalutsch

^^ That´s found searching for the keyword "Blubbalutsch".

And not found by searching for the keyword "xyz8hb".