will there be dna theives?

mr d

hello

what do you think the oods are that in the near future we might have to concern or selfs with dna thieves?

was discussing cloning with others when thought came up that with cloning could i in the future have dna samples stolen from someone else to create my own clone of them.

such as i find a wanted a wife that look exactly like a certain actress, could i pay to have a sample of her dna taken for cloning purposes. adding in of course for some form of more quickly aging the clone.

or a woman who wants a child by a certain man , clones him and harvests sperm from the clone to produce a child with herself. what would be the legal ramification of such a child? as a dna test would show that the child was his, would he be legally responcible?

what steps do you think would be needed to protect your gene code. or what use could you find for stealing another persons code?

strange thoughts

mr d

I've heard a theory that the reason some famous people (men) make donations to those sperm-banks that advertise that you can have a child by a gold metal athlete, or Nobel prize winner is to have the benefit of 'reasonable doubt' if faced with a paternity suit.