chemical physics learning resources

computerages

Hi everybody!

I am doing some research in physics which also involves chemistry. The research is primarily based on physical science principles, but sometimes chemical knowledge is also required. But unfortunately, I've not took and chemistry courses just yet and don't think I'll be taking any till next year.

So, do you guys know about any website, book, or any other learning material that would teach the involvement of chemistry in physics? Right now, I only have a few amount of time to learn the fundamentals of chemistry that involve physics. I don't think I'd be studying chemistry itself, as I don't have enough time. So, please be specific.

Thanks.

Well I'm a physicist so I think about these things quite simplistically.

All of chemistry is bassed on the fundemental level in physics, it's all to do with electron orbitals, and bonds. So what specifically in chemistry/physics are you interested in knowing about? As the answer to your question could be considered to be anything in chemistry :|

Well, I am researching on lithium ion batteries. I really am not sure what field of chemistry it specifically refers to as I just have started the project. Also, the research involves the following subjects too:

-Polymer Electrolyte Membrane

-and Nuclear magnetic resonance

I am studding these concepts over at wikipedia, and the subjects seem pretty straight-forward. But when it comes to the chemical usage, I get lost.