are some ghosts recordings

mr d

hello

could what we take for ghosts in some instances be infact recordings from the past?

remember reading a long time ago about a house that some people said was haunted by a elderly woman, whom was sometimes scene in an upstairs window. two investigators decided to investigate not being believers or non-believers in the paranormal.

what they found was there was indeed a elderly woman in the upstairs window, but it had nothing to do with ghosts. instead what they found was that the house had old glass windows that had a small amount of silver nitrate. as it turned out the elderly woman use to enjoy sitting at the window watching lighting storms, and condictions were just right between the coated glass and lighting flashes to produce a very faint photo image of the woman in the glass.

all that to say, could it be some of the sounds that people hear and atest to ghosts are not spirits but recordings from the past. old building contain iron piping and lead based paints. current two recording materials used are iron and lead oxides. iron oxide accounts for the brown color of recording tapes such as cassettes.

people also always talk about strange magnetic fields in areas of reported hauntings. magnetic fields are what we use to produce the impulses that are recorded on to tapes.

saw and old rerun of mr. wizard where he pour rust on to a piece of masking tape, then pulled it through a tape recording device as someone spoke, and sure enough there was a faint, distorted recording of that person on the tape.

perhaps some residual hauntings, where the people say things like i always hear children laughing in that room', is becuase through an accident of nature the right set of circumstances existed for that sound of laughter to be recorded, and sumarily played back occasionally.

would also account for why people say 'the sound stopped when i enter the room.', well the sound would stop as the magnetic field generated by the person would distort the field that is generating the sound in the first place.

a bit wordy there

strange thoughts

mr d

Ghosts exist inside of people's heads, and nowhere else.

About 6 months ago I went to Bingham Hill Cemetery, a pioneer cemetery which dates back to the 19th century. This is reputably "haunted" and people have reported "when you go there late at night you can people screaming and babies crying and feel cold hands touching you."

Well, we went there late at night (which, yes, per the sign in the linked photos is tresspassing). Know what I felt? Nothing. Know what paranormal experiences I had? None. No ghosts. No people screaming. No cold hands touching me. No crying babies.

hello

point is not whether there are ghost, but could there be naturally/induced circumstances that create situations that produce the effects we associate with hauntings.

the idea of ghosts/spirits are in some of the earliest stories of human history. all places, times and cultures mention them.

so something must be happened to make people from all ages believe in the supernatural. should not just say 'there are no ghost', but a scientific approach should be used to investigate what could cause these effects.

strange thoughts

mr d

point is not whether there are ghost, but could there be naturally/induced circumstances that create situations that produce the effects we associate with hauntings.

Yes... the wind blows, a house shifts, and the floorboards creak, perhaps in repetition in such a way that it sounds like an invisible person is walking through your house. There are innumerable similar circumstances that can create the illusion of an apparition.