Wanting testers for a new project

RyanJ

Hi everyone!

I have just started a new project, a UA detector - it detects information about your computer using the User-agent strings transmmitted by your browser to a web page.

If anyone would care to help test please visit the link below, check the displayed information is correct. If its not then please let me know what the incorrect results were and what the results should have been along with a copy of the offending UA string :)

Any help in testing would be appreciated,

http://standards.spiralmindsinc.com/Projects/UA_Strings/Browser_testing.php

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Have you ever head of this thing?

http://techpatterns.com/downloads/php_browser_detection.php

I dont know if yours does or not but you should give the script default output vars to integrate w/ other sites. IE' date=' $browser $OS etc[/quote']

Yup it can do that :)

It has more stuff than is listed right now, some of it is in development.

I finally found a use for it in my hosts sig gen :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Warning: mysql_result(): Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 7 in /home/ryanjone/public_html/Projects/UA_Strings/Project_UA_Include.php on line 62

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ryanjone/public_html/Projects/UA_Strings/Project_UA_Include.php:62) in /home/ryanjone/public_html/Projects/UA_Strings/Browser_testing.php on line 19

But it does figure it out correctly after that.

(It's also clever enough to figure Opera out even when it's set to identify as IE, but only because Opera adds "Opera 9.0" to the end of the UA)

I should point out that I already have a dynamic signature that is capable of detecting Netscape, IE, Mozilla, and Firefox. Well, when you use IE, it gives you a mozilla.org link, but whatever...

idfsig.png

Warning: mysql_result(): Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 7 in /home/ryanjone/public_html/Projects/UA_Strings/Project_UA_Include.php on line 62

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ryanjone/public_html/Projects/UA_Strings/Project_UA_Include.php:62) in /home/ryanjone/public_html/Projects/UA_Strings/Browser_testing.php on line 19

But it does figure it out correctly after that.

I'll look into it - I may have been editing the file at the time.

(It's also clever enough to figure Opera out even when it's set to identify as IE' date=' but only because Opera adds "Opera 9.0" to the end of the UA)[/quote']

I tried to get it as accurate as I could, I realised that the processing order was vital so I processed just about eveything before IE :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones