H2O/Browns Gas

Nicky007

Hi everyone.

I’m new here, even so wanted to share some information/thoughts regarding electrolysis of H2O to produce Fuel, i.e. Oxygen and Hydrogen.

I have been reading some interesting articles on Browns Gas (which is the gas produced by Splitting H2O through electrolysis).

http://www.hydrogen-boost.com

http://www.savefuel.ca/

(I take the results/claims from these tests with a pinch of Salt) although i am sure there is something in it!

Main purpose of my interest is Bourne through wanting to save money and to increase efficiency of my car. I have ordered a Browns Gas generator for my car which I intend to install and experiment with shortly.

I understand the flame speed of the internal combustion engine will increase when Browns gas is mixed with regular petrol/Air mix, thus achieving a more efficient Burn of the fuel charge inside the cylinder. With a modern car also realise that the cars ECU will automatically adjust the Air Fuel Ratio according to the Oxygen sensor. Therefore back off the fuel injectors with the presence of Hydrogen.

Having more of a technical as opposed to a science background, I wanted to ask some questions here?

I understand the Browns Gas device needs to Warmed up in order to work more efficiently, therefore, would pressurising the generator (raising the Boiling Point) increase the efficiency of which the molecules split even further?

Would any other external forces change (assist) the efficiency of splitting the molecules. i.e. electro magnetisium/ionisation etc..?

If I were to divide a vessel in two and pass a positive charge through one vessel and a negative charge through the other, would the residue left in each vessel be pure Hydrogen/Oxygen?

Lastly understanding perpetual motion and understanding you cant have something for nothing, was toying with the idea of boosting the current when the breaking systems is applied, therefore effectively using the alternator as means of resistance to help slow the car at the same time produce more Browns Gas would then would be stored until the gas pedal is applied again.

Just some of my thoughts and wondered if anyone here can share any experience on this subject.

Many Thanks

Nick

never knew an 2(H2)/O2 gas mix was called browns gas(EDIT: Oh wait its NOT). anyways, this could work if the ratios are right. i hope you live in a cold climate cause the engine will get a lot hotter a lot faster with hydrogen in the mix. you ca also expect to hear more knocking from the engine as the gas mix is extremely flamable, so don't smoke in the car and i don't care if the window is open just don't do it or your car will be a mini hindenburg. personally i wouldn't do it from lack of technical knowledge of cars.

EDIT: This Brown guy isn't really all that good. He exploitied little old ladies and made claims that the gas mixture was mysterious and poorly understood. attracted a lot of gullible people and some nutters. also claimed his home in Chicago was a "University Of Life Sciences".

Source Not really a guy we would want to big up at SFN

the "external forces" that you mentioned will not assist this procedure.

and yes I have a little experience with this, in way of introducing O2 into the air intake of a 2 stroke motorbike engine, it works great for a few seconds the revs really shoot way up :)

but it also reduces the life expectancy at an exponential rate!

you`ll need a complete carb re-tune, and also expect some knocking (pre-ignition/detonation).

it`s something you`ll need to get 100% right 1`st time as you`ll not get a second chance as your engine won`t even be fit for scrap parts after :(

I`m not 100% sure, but it MAY void your insurance also?

Yea, I never knew it was called brown gas either? It doesnt even look brown to me.

Anyways, I'm a big alternative energy fan, and have been looking for this particular device for quite some time, this was actually the first step I was going to take before switching over entirely to hydrogen for my car (after I made the 7 grand it costs).

Anyways, please let me know how this works out for you, because for 200$, its too good a price to pass up.

Thanks for your concerns and I don’t want to blow me self up either and am aware of the risks involved!!

After some trawling through the net have found a several solutions additives to the water solution, which will aid the conduciveness electrolysis process, namely sodium (common salt), Baking powder then potassium hydroxide.

As I don’t have the Kit Yet can see what the inventor/supplier recommends.

It's a fine concept as long as you can understand that it requires more energy to break apart water into H2 and O2 than you actually get from the combination of the two. While the sites make it seem as if the hydrogen is "free" and comes from a limitless source, the energy required to separate the water into hydrogen and oxygen is most certainly not free. If you turn your car on/off fairly frequently, you will severely shorten the life of your battery as it will take quite a bit of charge to get the electrolysis going. So just be aware that while you may save on energy costs in terms of petrol, overall there is actually an increased energy cost.

Hmmm...

Q5: Does Hydro-Gen Require Any Maintenance?

A5: In winter months you must ad alcohol.

erm, WHY?

using sulphuric acid (like that in any common car battery) will not only conduct alot better and give you plenty of your gasses (unlike alcohol which does NOT conduct) but also have you ever heard of a Frozen car battery? NO, because it doesn`t freeze either!