Catalyst

Ilja

Ive been wondering if there has been experiments with electricity as a catalyst , i especially think of the enegry its providing ?

Maybe there are other catalytic properties except providing energy?

Yes , sure but are there any other applications for electricity as taking/giving

electrons and the energy it's providing.

Arent there any other reaction that can happen in order to speed up a reaction ??

Well, An electric arc in normal air will act as a catalyst because it superheats the air and causes ozone and nitrogen dioxides to form. This is an old synthesis of Nitric Acid. Is this what you are looking for?

EDIT: This is doing exactly what akcapr said, providing energy.

Not actually,maybe i didnt make myself clear , but im looking for any kind of experiments or synthesis where you use electricity as an catalyst except as an provider for energy (sorry if im not clear with my questions)

I mean like any other catalyst e.g platinum or whatever.

Theres no other way electricity can catalyze something other than providing energy. Normally catalysts lower the activation enrgy for a reaction to occur. Electricity is basically energy so its not like platinum or something. The only other thing it can do is provide electrons which would be just takin part in a reaction.