Contemplating using Opera rather than Firefox

Cap'n Refsmmat

Opera was the first browser i used after IE and won me over straight away. After that i tried Firefox but didnt get on with it very well, so gave up and went Opera again.

When i got my laptop i decided to give Firefox another go, but i started to notice little annoying bugs. Such as the lack of loading previous pages from cache, the status bar that would display the wrong information when i changed tabs, no progress bar, email thing linked to Outlook that didnt work properly etc. So i decided to go back to Opera, and have been delightfully using it ever since.

Opera was the first browser i used after IE and won me over straight away. After that i tried Firefox but didnt get on with it very well' date=' so gave up and went Opera again.

When i got my laptop i decided to give Firefox another go, but i started to notice little annoying bugs. Such as the lack of loading previous pages from cache, the status bar that would display the wrong information when i changed tabs, no progress bar, email thing linked to Outlook that didnt work properly etc. So i decided to go back to Opera, and have been delightfully using it ever since.[/quote']

What version of Firefox were you using, I'd say the last version releases were very buggy but I must say so far 1.5 has been well behaved :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I dont know if anybody's mentioned this but opera is being bought by google. Soon we're going to have a google browser!

Its a roumer that both Google and Opera have denied.

Why would Google, having alrewady put a lot of money into Firefox, decide too switch? Makes no sence.

Opera have published an article in their blog about this saying all the roumers are false.

Have a read of this.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I've heard a theory that Gbrowser beta's have been logged at websites for quite some time:

Some people are seeing Google in their logs. It says "Google 0.X" listed among the other browsers, not robots, not search queries, but browsers! 0.X is the version number of beta software - software in production. So if you think these logs are mistakes, recognizing the GoogleBot instead, I don't think so. GoogleBot is at least in version 2.1. Still a chance this can be wrong.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/download/gbrowser