Marxism's Error?

polyfrag

Good points, but there are more things I think the government should also provide. Things that people can have financial trouble with. Security, education, and employment are good examples. But there are also things like healthcare and transportation. And retirement. And childcare. These are huge projects that would need to be completed before we could have a true meritocracy. Without these things, just being able to get educated is near impossible. Well, perhaps retirement could be considered a luxery, maybe, but the other things are needed before education.

I agree with the transportation, but this is government size, not method. I still think the foundation should be for the individual not society. In America, we focus too much on the individual and in China, maybe they focus too much on the society. So, both systems compensate for their weakness.

I don't think a Google or Dell will be created as readily with the system you are promoting. Yes, the pie may be shared more equitably, but the overall pie will be smaller.

I think of government as analagous to inventory. Inventory is a waste, pure and simple. It is a necessary waste, to insure things go smoothly, but should be minimized not maximized. In fact, inventory covers up production problems, which makes them harder to detect and solve. By reducing inventory, we can easily detect bottlenecks and other problems. The same with government. You do need it and reducing it too much or too fast can throw some real kinks in the system, but the goal should be to reduce and keep it to a minimum.

I think someone else posted that we don't seem to care enough for our fellow man these days. This is true, but an even worse problem is some don't even know or want to care for themselves.

I agree with the transportation' date=' but this is government size, not method. I still think the foundation should be for the individual not society. In America, we focus too much on the individual and in China, maybe they focus too much on the society. So, both systems compensate for their weakness.

I don't think a Google or Dell will be created as readily with the system you are promoting. Yes, the pie may be shared more equitably, but the overall pie will be smaller.

I think of government as analagous to inventory. Inventory is a waste, pure and simple. It is a necessary waste, to insure things go smoothly, but should be minimized not maximized. In fact, inventory covers up production problems, which makes them harder to detect and solve. By reducing inventory, we can easily detect bottlenecks and other problems. The same with government. You do need it and reducing it too much or too fast can throw some real kinks in the system, but the goal should be to reduce and keep it to a minimum.

I think someone else posted that we don't seem to care enough for our fellow man these days. This is true, but an even worse problem is some don't even know or want to care for themselves.[/quote']

You're right that what the points about other things the government needs to cover is more a question of size than foundation. I actually think we could achieve it with the current framework

<I got interrupted for a fierce game of cranium that laster 4 hours>

well its 4am now, goodnight!