correcting vision

wormholeman

Last night as I was falling asleep I thought about how vision could be

corrected if someone had bad vision. For some reason I thought

that red and green light exposed to an eye while being flashed

at cirtain intervals depending on the eye's problem can correct vision.

Could that work? The reason I think it would work is because flashing

red and green light at a damaged eye would excersize the rods and

cones in the eye causeing them to work properly. Dose that make sence.

Thanks

Last night as I was falling asleep I thought about how vision could be

corrected if someone had bad vision. For some reason I thought

that red and green light exposed to an eye while being flashed

at cirtain intervals depending on the eye's problem can correct vision.

Could that work? The reason I think it would work is because flashing

red and green light at a damaged eye would excersize the rods and

cones in the eye causeing them to work properly. Dose that make sence.

Thanks

It does make sence but if they are damages exercise will do them no good. If you tear a muscle and then try to excercise it you'll probably do more damage and good and the same probably applies here too.

I have bad vision and numerous vision problems but glasses correct them for the most part, your idea could work in certain conditions but you failed to state which type of eye problem it would be targeted at :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

(Ryanj), the target problem would probobley have been for blurryness. I think I know theres lazer techniques that do correct vision. (insane_alien), ya that dose make sence about the muscle thing about the rods and cones, I thought that because they open and close that they would be like muscles of some sort.

(Ryanj), the target problem would probobley have been for blurryness. I think I know theres lazer techniques that do correct vision.

Again, same problem - its not specific.

Long sighted, Short sighted and things like cateracts can all cause blurryness.

Lazers cna be used to reshape the lense so it can focus correctly that could potentially correct the Long and Short sighted problems and the cateracts can be "burned away" using a lazer and thus fixing that!

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I think although im sure you understand whats going on saying "reshape" is misleading, the lens (as far as im aware) is also "burnt away", yes reshaping it, but i think reshape suggsts that all the lens is left intact?

I think although im sure you understand whats going on saying "reshape" is misleading, the lens (as far as im aware) is also "burnt away", yes reshaping it, but i think reshape suggsts that all the lens is left intact?

Not really, I can reshape a piece of metal by filing away one of the edges and that would have changed the shape of the metal and thus reshaped it!

Anyway, your probably right I should have put altered the shape though removal of part of the lens thus altering the way it focuses light and removing or reducing the bluring effect.

It should also be noted that shining lazers into someones eye is not a good idea unless you know what your doing... you can really damage the cornea if you do this. The lasers they use in medicine have a set wave length that is absorbed only by the dye they use and so it will not acceft the eye with no dye on it :) Another porblem with this is you normally only have one chance, if you take too much off you can't put it back...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones