Volume of Gases in a mixture

ecoli

If you had 3 different gases in a container and all three had a different number of moles of gas. Could you calculate there volume seperately? (using avagadro's V=an )? Even though there are multiple gases, the particles are assumed to not take up space, so you can calculate their volume, and then their molarity, right?

because pressure and temperature isn't given. The problem is actually a gaseous equilibrium problem, but I'm only given the number of moles of the 3 gases (2 reactants and 1 product) and the volume of the container to find out Q and K, with I need the concentration, in mole/L, for.

If you assume all the particles are non-interacting, then yes you can do that. Although its useless to know the volume of one gas in a mixture. Its more useful to know its pressure...which is known as the partial pressure.

However, many gases interact. In this case, there is a deviation from the ideal gas rule upon mixing (which assumes a uniform gas of one type of molecule).

If you assume all the particles are non-interacting, then yes you can do that. Although its useless to know the volume of one gas in a mixture. Its more useful to know its pressure...which is known as the partial pressure.

I just need to find out the concentrations of each gas... with the information given, I believe I can do assume this. So to find the concentration of each gas, I can just divide the given number moles of each gas and divide that by the volume of the entire container for each one. Right?